y St. Joseph’s Church | Thorredu

St. Joseph’s Church - Thorredu

image

Name of the Church

St. Joseph’s Church

Patron

St. Joseph

Catholic Population

1000

Catechists

7

Sub-stations

Seethanagaram, Muggulla, Vedulapally, Munigudaly, Kathavaram, Bobbilanka, Mirthipadu

Address

Catholic Church
Thorredu P O, Rajahmundry Ruala Mandal, East Godavari Dist. 533 293.

Phone No.

0883 - 2497719

Mass Timings

--

Brief History

When the Nirmala Sisters came to the Steel Plant on the request of Bishop Mariadas, they were staying in one of the quarters where Holy Mass was celebrated during the weekdays by priests from St. Aloysius Workshop, Stella Maris and from Anakapalle Parish. On Sundays a priest from Stella Maris was giving Mass. When the work of the sister’s Home was over they moved into their Home and Mass was celebrated in the Sisters’ Chapel which was spacious. When the Inter denominational church for the Society of the Christians was constructed at Sector - 8 the liturgical activities were shifted to the Church. The church activities were well looked into by MSFS fathers until the Vincentians took charge of it. On the 16th August 1992 Christ the Saviour Church was dedicated by our Bishop. Vincentians took over the parish on 20th April 1994 and on 4th June 1995 on the day of Pentecost sunday the parish is formarly inaugurated.

Institutions in the Parish

--

Convents in the Parish

--

Priests who served in the Parish

  1. Rev. Fr. Jenson Chendrappinny
  2. Rev. Fr. Jobit Thottumkara