Our Lady of Good Health - Hamsavaram

image

Name of the Church

Our Lady of Good Health

Patron

Our Lady of Good Health

Catholic Population

1677

Catechists

5

Sub-stations

Krishnapuram, Jilledipadu, Chamavaram, Gavarapeta

Address

Catholic Church Hamsavaram P.O. - 533 402 East Godavari Dist

Phone No.

08854 - 258210

Mass Timings

--

Brief History

Hamsavaram was an outstation of Gollaprolu. Rev. Frs. Polamarasetty Charles, L Contat, V George, Manueuloux visited this place from 1930 to 1936 and baptized about 70 people. Fr. Thomas Parel was appointed the first Parish Priest who built the Presbytery and the elementary school with 2 teachers. The church and school were housed in a thatched sheds. In 1975 while Fr. M John(the present bishop of Eluru) was the Parish Priest built the church. Fr. Devasia Nediakala built pucca school building in 1985. Together with the church a compound wall also was built but there were no gate till 1994 when Fr. George Maniangatt erected the Gate and renewed the presbytery, replaced with ACC roof.

Institutions in the Parish

R C M Aided Ele. School, Hamsavaram

Convents in the Parish

Assisi Convent, Kathipudi

Priests who served in the Parish

  1. Rev. Fr. Polamarasetty Charles msfs
  2. Rev. Fr. L Contat
  3. Rev. Fr. V. George
  4. Rev. Fr. Manueuloux
  5. Rev. Fr. Thomas Parel
  6. Rev. Fr. Betha Mariadas
  7. Rev. Fr. R. Saldhana
  8. Rev. Fr. P Charles
  9. Rev. Fr. K E Zacharias as asst.
  10. Rev. Fr. L Mariadas
  11. Rev. Fr. M John(Bp of Eluru)
  12. Rev. Fr. Luke Cheruvil msfs
  13. Rev. Fr. Joseph Kuttikkat
  14. Rev. Fr. Devasia Nediakala
  15. Rev. Fr. Lukose Kallakkat
  16. Rev. Fr. Joji Reddy OFM Cap
  17. Rev. Fr. George Manianghatt
  18. Rev. Fr. Antony Parayil
  19. Rev. Fr. D Paramjyothi
  20. Rev. Fr. M Jesudas