Divine Mercy Church - Paderu

image

Name of the Church

Divine Mercy Church

Patron

Divine Mercy Church

Catholic Population

Catechists

60

Sub-stations

--

Address

Catholic Mission
C/o St. Ann’s School PADERU - 531 024 Visakhapatnam Dist.

Phone No.

08935 - 251291

Mass Timings

--

Brief History

Paderu which is recently made a Taluk Headquar ters, is one of the fast developing places in the Girijan area. The Catholic presence at Paderu dates back to 1946 when one family of three brothers and one sister along with the aged parents came to Paderu for business. S. Markandeyulu & Kanthamma, Catholic teachers from Bhimavaram, distant relations of Archbishop Marampudi Joji, were working at Sundaramputtu as teachers. Fr. Boson was looking after the small community at Paderu and later on when he was transferred to Araku, the Paderu community is entrusted to Madugula Mission to which it is still attached to. When Good Collector Arjuna Rao invited the Missionaries to come and develop the tribal belt with the Education Ministry, the Church has taken up the lead. The district admidnistration had put up the school building and the boarding and handed them over to Sisters 1980.

Institutions in the Parish

  1. St. Ann’s Eng. Med. School
  2. St. Ann’s Dispensary
  3. St. Ann’s Hostel

Convents in the Parish

St. Ann’s Convent

Priests who served in the Parish

Rev. Fr.Chacko Arayathinal